Printed on February 13, 2020
Does my life occasion make me eligible for a Particular Enrollment Interval?
There are 4 primary sorts of qualifying life occasions:
- Lack of well being protection: Shedding job-based protection (whether or not by way of your self or a member of the family) or eligibility for Medicaid, Medicare, or the Kids’s Well being Insurance coverage Program (CHIP)
- Family modifications: Marriage, little one delivery or adoption, divorce, or dying
- Residence modifications: Sure family strikes, like shifting to a brand new ZIP code or county
- Different qualifying occasions (like earnings modifications): Modifications that make you now not eligible for Medicaid or the Kids’s Well being Insurance coverage Program (CHIP), leaving incarceration, and many others.
How do I apply for 2020 protection by way of a Particular Enrollment Interval?
- For those who qualify for a Particular Enrollment Interval, create an account or log into an current one to enroll in a plan for 2020.
- You might be requested to submit paperwork to verify the life occasion that makes you eligible.