Eventbrite is an all-in-one occasion administration and ticketing resolution. It handles all the pieces from new occasion creation to the advertising and marketing, registration, ticket gross sales and attendee check-in for the occasion. You may even create post-event surveys and extra for higher attendee engagement.
Beneath, we’ll go in-depth into Eventbrite’s pricing, options, use circumstances, and what we predict is sweet and unhealthy about this platform.
Who Eventbrite Is For
Eventbrite is a superb resolution for any particular person or group seeking to promote occasions and promote tickets. Whether or not or not it’s a small event, a big annual occasion, or a company meet up, Eventbrite is flexible sufficient to accommodate any perform the place tickets are bought and other people attend (bodily or nearly).
It’s mostly used for concert events, festivals, festivals, workshops, courses, and conferences. From occasion promoters and musicians to chambers of commerce and company occasion planners, Eventbrite is an end-to-end resolution for a big selection of potential customers.
You don’t have to prepare an enormous leisure or enterprise occasion to benefit from Eventbrite. A neighborhood health teacher can promote free yoga periods on the seaside or an artist can host a wine and paint night time at their studio—the use circumstances are nearly limitless. We’ve seen retailers use Eventbrite to advertise a pop-up store, nonprofits use it to host fundraisers, and virtually all the pieces in between.
Eventbrite’s pricing is essentially based mostly on occasion dimension and frequency. There are two totally different subscription choices for occasion organizers to select from: Flex and Professional.
The Flex plan is designed for one-off occasions, and it’s a pay-as-you-go service billed per occasion. Plans break down as follows for every occasion you host and promote on Eventbrite Flex:
- As much as 25 tickets: Free
- As much as 100 tickets: $9.99 per occasion
- As much as 250 tickets: $24.99 per occasion
- Limitless tickets: $49.99 per occasion
Conversely, the Professional plan is designed for people who find themselves incessantly organizing and internet hosting occasions. Slightly than paying per occasion, you’ll pay a month-to-month subscription price based mostly on what number of tickets you’re promoting for a limiteless variety of occasions:
- As much as 100 tickets: $29 monthly
- As much as 250 tickets: $79 monthly
- Limitless tickets: $159 monthly
In case you’re promoting tickets, there’s additionally a 3.7% + $1.79 service price per paid ticket and a 2.9% processing price on every paid order. These charges are paid by the ticket purchaser, however organizers have the choice to soak up the prices as a substitute to make tickets extra reasonably priced for potential attendees.
The pricing construction is pretty easy, and general it’s a great worth for any occasion dimension. Most notably, occasion frequency is crucial issue to think about when deciding between plans.
Let’s say you’re internet hosting an annual occasion and anticipate 5,000 attendees. In case you go along with the Flex plan, you’re paying simply $49.99 to host it, which is okay for a one-off occasion.
In case you’re internet hosting a month-to-month occasion and selling it year-round, nevertheless, chances are you’ll need to take into account a Professional subscription. That’s as a result of the Flex plan limits you to only 250 advertising and marketing emails per day, whereas the Professional plan is capped at 10,000 each day emails.
Whereas the $49.99 plan is clearly cheaper, the $159 monthly top-end Professional plan would probably be price it for the added advertising and marketing perks.
All plans include ticketing options, advertising and marketing instruments, information insights, occasion administration software program, and a safe funds platform.
Eventbrite Enhance is a separate, paid add-on that ranges from $15 to $100, not together with related advert spend. This characteristic unlocks premium advertising and marketing and promoting instruments, and it can save you 20% on the speed by choosing annual billing.
Whereas Eventbrite Flex and Professional are self-service types of this platform, Eventbrite Premium delivers a extra managed possibility for giant or advanced occasions. Organizer charges are waived, and also you’ll have entry to customized ticketing charges, a personalized payout construction, and limitless forms of tickets, plus private help from the staff at Eventbrite. You’ll must contact Eventbrite gross sales for extra details about the Premium plan.
In any other case, you’ll be able to sign-up for a 14-day free trial of Eventbrite to check out the Professional subscription. The Eventbrite Flex plan for as much as 25 tickets is all the time free.
Execs and Cons of Eventbrite
There’s so much to like about Eventbrite. From its user-friendliness to its built-in instruments for promotion, group, and attendee engagement, it’s an answer favored by occasion organizers and attendees alike. However the platform isn’t good, and there are just a few shortcomings that you have to be conscious of.
The professionals and cons under are based mostly on a mix of actual person critiques and our personal analysis.
- Finish-to-end occasion administration: Eventbrite has all the pieces organizers must create and run profitable occasions, from preliminary occasion creation to ticket gross sales, advertising and marketing, and day-of administration. It’s really an all-in-one, 360-degree occasion administration platform.
- Embedded checkout: Slightly than having to redirect website guests to Eventbrite for buy, you’ll be able to arrange an built-in Eventbrite checkout immediately by yourself web site.
- Clear charges: Whereas its service charges is likely to be on the upper aspect, Eventbrite is clear in regards to the charges charged to organizers and ticket consumers. You’ll all the time have readability about what (and why) you and your viewers are being charged.
- Constructed-in advertising and marketing: If you create an occasion with Eventbrite, you acquire entry to an entire suite of selling instruments that may assist with good viewers focusing on, emails, and social sharing. You don’t must depend on third-party advertising and marketing platforms to advertise your occasion.
- Easy on-site check-in: On the day of an occasion, it’s simple to confirm tickets and registrations by way of fast QR code scanning. This helps cut back wait occasions and makes it simple for organizers to confirm that solely paid ticket holders are getting into.
- Native promoting: Eventbrite has its personal promoting platform, along with its advertising and marketing instruments. Generate ticket gross sales shortly by beginning a brand new marketing campaign inside Eventbrite to focus on potential attendees, say, inside 50 miles of your occasion.
- Model recognition: Eventbrite has turn into a reputation that the typical client is aware of, acknowledges, and trusts. With greater than 90 million lively ticket consumers, many individuals go on to Eventbrite to browse for brand new and enjoyable occasions of their space.
- Confirmed observe report: Final 12 months alone, the platform was used to prepare over 5 million occasions throughout 180 international locations by almost 800,000 creators who cumulatively bought 284 million tickets.
- Excessive service charges: Eventbrite service and processing charges are paid by the ticket purchaser by default, though organizers have the choice to soak up these prices. Both means, with service charges beginning at 3.7% + $1.79 per ticket and a 2.9% processing price per order, an order of two $50 tickets could be charged roughly $13 in further charges, which is sort of excessive.
- Increased charges in different international locations: In case your occasion is situated in a rustic outdoors of the USA, you’ll be able to anticipate even increased charges than those talked about above. For instance, there’s a 9% + €0.19 per ticket price in Spain and a 9.99% service price for tickets in Brazil.
- Restricted ticket sorts: In case you’re on a Flex or Professional subscription, you’ll solely be capable to create normal admission tickets in Eventbrite. You’ll want to hitch an Eventbrite Premium plan to unlock a number of ticket choices, reminiscent of VIP areas, reserved seating, weekend passes, and early chicken reductions.
- Upsells for advertising and marketing instruments: Eventbrite has loads of built-in advertising and marketing options that you need to use together with your occasion organizer subscription. However, to get essentially the most out of those options, you’ll probably need to enroll in Eventbrite Enhance, which has a separate subscription mannequin and related expenses.
- Restricted service provider processing choices: You’re compelled to make use of both Eventbrite’s cost processing or PayPal for ticket gross sales. This implies you’ll be able to’t combine your personal service provider providers platform—which is a ache in the event you’re getting decrease processing charges from them.
- Restricted advert attain: Eventbrite adverts are solely obtainable for choose main cities, together with Atlanta, Boston, Dallas, Chicago, Las Vegas, San Diego, Sydney, London, and Toronto. In case you’re internet hosting an occasion outdoors of the roughly 25 supported cities, you’ll must run advert campaigns by yourself through a special channel.
Eventbrite Assessment: The Particulars
Eventbrite has tons of various occasion administration instruments inside its platform. Beneath, we’ll take a more in-depth take a look at the most important options, highlighting how they work and what we take into consideration them.
Eventbrite has a built-in ticketing resolution that organizers can use to promote tickets on-line, and it may even be used to easily register attendees free of charge occasions.
Getting began is so simple as creating a brand new occasion, selecting between digital or printed tickets, and setting the worth. From there, attendees can purchase tickets immediately by way of Eventbrite or by way of an embedded checkout in your web site.
Noteworthy advantages and options of the ticketing platform embrace:
- Digital and printed ticket choices
- Ticket transfers
- Promo codes
- Cost attendees ticket charges or soak up them
- Reserved seating for weddings, concert events, and different particular occasions
- Customized order kinds
- Customized URLs
One cool half about Eventbrite is its means to accommodate each small and large-scale occasions. Whether or not you’re making an attempt to distribute 20 free tickets to a neighborhood occasion otherwise you’re promoting admission for a live performance that would pack 10,000 individuals into the venue, the ticketing platform can deal with your wants.
It’s price noting that a few of the ticketing options aren’t obtainable with each plan. For instance, you’ll must be on an Eventbrite Premium subscription for ticket transfers, reserved seating, and different ticket sorts like VIP entry and multi-day passes.
Eventbrite organizers have entry to a built-in advertising and marketing and promoting suite known as Eventbrite Enhance that’s good for constructing consciousness and enthusiasm in your occasion with out having to go away the platform.
This comes with all the pieces that you must promote extra tickets, promote the occasion, and handle communication together with your viewers main as much as and following the occasion.
The platform is absolutely built-in together with your occasion listings and information. Plus, it delivers key advantages like:
- Limitless contact record dimension
- Ship hundreds of each day advertising and marketing emails
- Sensible focusing on suggestions to succeed in very best audiences
- Constructed-in social media promoting
- Advertising insights and reviews
- Automated multi-event advert campaigns
Sadly, this doesn’t simply come together with your occasion organizer subscription. Eventbrite Enhance has its personal paid plans, beginning at $15 monthly for as much as 2,000 each day emails.
Whereas it could be good to see these perks included together with your common Eventbrite subscription, we are able to see why they’re billed individually. This ensures that the bottom occasion administration software program is reasonably priced and that you simply’re not compelled to pay further for options that you simply received’t use (particularly if you have already got a well-liked advertising and marketing and promoting platform).
Eventbrite Organizer App
Along with the user-friendly, web-based dashboard, occasion creators even have entry to the Eventbrite Organizer app. That is a simple strategy to handle your occasion from wherever through your cellular machine, and it’s particularly helpful in the course of the run-up to an occasion (and the day of) once you’re continuously on the go.
With the Organizer app, you’ll have the flexibility to:
- Verify-in visitors with contactless QR codes
- Monitor ticket gross sales in actual time
- Monitor precise attendance
- Promote walk-up tickets on the door
- Promote merchandise onsite throughout occasions
The app is out there to anybody internet hosting an occasion with Eventbrite at no further cost. We extremely advocate downloading the app and profiting from its options. It’s obtainable for each Android and iOS.
Eventbrite Cost Processing
In case you’re promoting tickets with Eventbrite, you additionally get entry to the platform’s built-in cost system.
One noteworthy good thing about this characteristic is the flexibility to receives a commission for the tickets you’ve bought earlier than your occasion even takes place. That is actually helpful in the event you need assistance overlaying the prices of distributors, meals, or different stock that requires a deposit.
It’s a easy, efficient strategy to get immediate cost for the tickets you promote whereas additionally delivering a handy checkout course of for attendees.
The very best half about Eventbrite’s cost processing is that all the pieces is dealt with for you—that means you don’t must arrange your personal cost gateway or processor to promote tickets.
And, you additionally get the next advantages:
- PCI-compliant transactions
- No hidden charges
- Automated refunds
- Versatile payout schedules
- Settle for all main bank cards
- Appropriate with Apple Pay and Google Pay
- Payouts through direct deposit or test
- Embedded checkouts by yourself web site
The draw back is that the processing charges aren’t low-cost. Sadly, too, in the event you’re a enterprise that presently will get higher charges with a third-party processor, you received’t be capable to combine your personal service provider providers into Eventbrite to get these higher charges.
Whereas Eventbrite is mostly related to in-person occasions like concert events, festivals, and conferences, it will also be used to host, promote, and promote admission to digital occasions.
This can be a smart way for occasion organizers to increase their attain to a wider viewers, as anybody with an web connection can attend an internet occasion.
The cool half about this characteristic is that it may be mixed with an in-person occasion to create a hybrid attendee construction. For instance, you’ll be able to promote tickets to a live performance after which additionally broadcast that efficiency dwell to digital attendees who can’t make it to the venue.
You may combine your digital occasion with a wide range of totally different streaming and video conferencing platforms, together with:
- Fb Reside
The one disadvantage of internet hosting digital occasions by way of Eventbrite is that it doesn’t include a built-in video internet hosting possibility. You’ll must get arrange with one of many third-party instruments from the record above.
Eventbrite is a flexible and highly effective occasion administration resolution. It comes with all the pieces that you must create, handle, promote, and run profitable occasions. You need to use it to promote tickets, talk together with your attendees, and even promote merchandise on the occasion house.
We advocate it to any promoter, occasion planner, particular person, or enterprise searching for a easy and streamlined strategy to handle occasions. From customized occasion pages to built-in cost processing, Eventbrite comes with all the pieces that you must succeed. Begin your 14-day free trial in the present day.